Replacing Lost XG350 Remote

My wife, who is the primary driver for our 2004 XG350, is constantly misplacing her keys. This time she lost them good, remote and all. She is using my set of keys in the interim. Since my set of keys are the spare set, they are seldom used. Nevertheless, if the FCC# or model # was on the back, they are worn away, or else the dealer scraped them away before delivering the car when we bought it new. In any event, I need to replace the remote and of course want to minimize the cost. I've checked on ebay and there are not a ton of listings for the 2004 XG350. There are several which look like our remote listed for the Sonata which say they MAY work on the XG. There are apparently two different types of remotes for that vintage XG. Some have a red panic button in the upper right of the remote. In the case of my remote, there is no panic button, it is a trunk release at top right. Wherever I buy, I will need to obtain programming instructions with the remote.

Anyone have experience replacing their remote, or offer any advice on where to buy or where to find instructions on programming?

Reply to
Wayne Maruna

Sonata transmitters (at least 2002-2005) will not work on the XG.

You'll need to have the dealer program it for you.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Bummer. I was afraid of that. Glad I asked. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Wayne Maruna