Resources for 2006 Sonata

Hi,

I'm in "obsessive research mode" on the 2006 Sonata, and looking to absorb everything I can in a day or 2.

Where are your favorite web-based forums?

So far I have found:

(good one!) and

and Edmunds, of course.

I much prefer Usnet forums, but Usenet is starting to get a little thin these days.

Many thanks,,,

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Consumer Reports March issue has just hit the newsstands (in fact, it may still be a day or two away in your area).

In it is a FULL report on the Sonata GLS - both the 4 and the V6.

They also tested V6 and V8 versions of the new Dodge Charger, the new Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan (one 4, one V6), the re-designed Chevrolet Impala (with a V6) and Monte Carlo (with a V8), and the re-designed Volkswagen Passat (turbo 4 and V6).

As a summary, aside from a few handling things they weren't thrilled with, Consumer Reports seemed to REALLY like the car - very comfortable, smooth, spacious and easy to operate.

If you are in a research mode, you will want to get this magazine, even if you ordinarily aren't thrilled with these people. They are very thorough.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Enterprise Rent-a-car has a bunch of 06 Sonatas, if you want to take one on an extended test drive, I'd suggest getting one over the weekend when they have their lower weekend rates. I've driven a few this month that we had in the bodyshop, they are actually pretty nice, the rear end looks a bit like an Accord and the front headlamps look like they are from a Passat though. The suspension seems a bit soft. The seats seemed ok to me, but then again I work at a chevy dealership and the seats in our demo cobalts seriously suck.

Reply to
Paradox

That's for sure! I test drove a Cobalt before settling on the Sonata. The thing rode like a hay wagon and the seats were as hard as park benches. I wonder what Chevy was thinking. I know they can design good upholstery as the seats in my K1500 Chevy truck are still great after 12 years.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Matt Whiting wrote in news:u4cHf.6040$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.epix.net:

Yeah, I rented a Cobalt too. Had the same impression about the seats. They reminded me of the 1976 Dodge Colt I started driving with.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

And unfortunately to get a Cobalt with good seats, you have to spring for the SS model AND then get the $1500 package that includes the Recaro seats.

Reply to
Paradox