roof racks and limits

does anyone have any experience with THULE racks on a santa fe? I am looking to get either a hard box, or soft roof bag for my 2004 santa fe (with factory cross rails), but the limit is only 75 pounds. My dilemna
is that the hard box weighs 30 pounds only allowing me to add 45 pounds of cargo. OR, i could get a soft roof bag, which lets me add more weight, but, the soft bags sit directly on the roof, and i don't even know what the limits of the roof itself is (not can anyone at hyundai tell me the roof limit). Does anyone have experiance with using either soft or hard roof boxes with their rack, and if so, do you have a recommendation. I'm only looking to store luggage for a weekend getaway, we are not storing gear, etc...
Thanks
Check out this thread from the santafe forum...
http://p211.ezboard.com/fhyundaisantafemessageboardfrm87.showMessage?topicID 92.topic
I used a hard box after much debate and found it was the best choice for me. The downside is storing something so large when the vacation is over. I'm sure it was beyond 75 pounds on the way home but everything held up quite securely.