Santa Fe 03 Intermittent Wipers Question

Maybe for Hyundai Tech, or anyone else that knows this. When I have the wipers on intermittent, especially on the faster of the settings, they all of a sudden turn to full speed. When I come to a stop or very
slow they go back to intermittent. Is this a problem or do they all work that way? It does not seem to be moisture related because when the windshield is almost dry they still run at full until I stop. It's very annoying as I remember the very old cars used to work that way before they had electric wipers.
My 2003 Sonata does that and I think its rather cool.. When you slow down and there's less water hitting the windshield, the wiper does not scrub and make a lot of noise. I think its a smart idea. The old cars with vacuum wipers (we are showing our age) worked exactly the opposite. They slowed down when you needed them and sped up when you didn't. bill
--

"fancyhit" < snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
It's a speed-related function. When you cross a speed threshhold (I don't recall the speed), the intermittent wipers switch to a shorter interval. On the two shortest intervals, they operate constantly.
Thank you. At least I know they are working correctly, as much as I don't care for that function.