Santa Fe Hesitation

A number of people on various forums have commented on the slight hesitation experienced when starting from a stop with the 2007 Santa Fe 3.3L. One tester even remarked that this could cause him to look for
another vehicle. I have an 07 3.3 and I can testify that it does hesitate, but only very slightly and not enough to affect driveability. Nevertheless this could cause some people to consider buying something else. I suspect Hyundai is aware of this problem, because they have issued a TSB, 07-36-001, entitled "PCM Reprogramming for 2003-2006 SF 3.5L Throttle Response Improvement." The purpose is stated to be: "To improve acceleration response to accelerator pedal movement." My question is: when, if ever, will they issue a TSB for the 2007. It appears to me that they could be losing some sales because of this issue.

Edgar, I'm sure they will resolve this shortly, just as they did with my 2005 3.5L Santa Fe. Like any big corporation, there is a chain of events that takes place to resolve issues, which takes X amount of time. Part of this process is figuring out which are actual bugs that effect all cars of that model released and those which are a build issue for individual cars.
Jon
Its hard to say, Edgar. Im sure Hyundai is looking into it, but whether they agree something should be changed is another matter.
I agree that its simple enough to adapt to it. Most people would probably not have an issue once they drove the vehicle for a few days.
"Edgar MacArthur" wrote: > A number of people on various forums have commented on the > slight > hesitation experienced when starting from a stop with the 2007 > Santa Fe > 3.3L. One tester even remarked that this could cause him to > look for > another vehicle. I have an 07 3.3 and I can testify that it > does > hesitate, but only very slightly and not enough to affect > driveability. > Nevertheless this could cause some people to consider buying > something > else. I suspect Hyundai is aware of this problem, because they > have > issued a TSB, 07-36-001, entitled "PCM Reprogramming for > 2003-2006 SF > 3.5L Throttle Response Improvement." The purpose is stated to > be: "To > improve acceleration response to accelerator pedal movement." > My > question is: when, if ever, will they issue a TSB for the > 2007. It > appears to me that they could be losing some sales because of > this issue.

If what Edgar is experiencing is similar to what I had in my 2005, it's not that easy to adapt to. The hesitation did not happen consistently, so you never quite knew when you would experience that slight delay in merging into freeway traffic. It provided a few hairy moments.
Jon