Seat belt charm

I have a 07 Tucson How do I disable the seat belt charm beside buckling it up

Reply to
Willie Lambert

Good luck, I tried on my Sonata, easier to buckle... I fear all you will get here is flamed.

Reply to
Rob

No flame from me. Sure it is illegal and dumb not to use belts, but the damned dinging can drive you nuts. I find it a real PITA when I just want to go to the other end of the parking lot at work or something as simple as that and the damned dinger just won't shut up. When I'm on the road, I'm buckled in.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Well Rob I found a way, very simple. If someone wants to flame me, so be it. I have thick skin and no feelings.

Reply to
Willie Lambert

Thanks

Yep

If you Think so. I think a lot of things people do is dumb, but it's there life, as long as it don't hurt anyone else I don't care what they do.

I hear ya.

I got mine to shut up.

Good to hear that. Your choice or the laws?

Reply to
Willie Lambert

Well? Would you like to share it with the class.

If someone wants to flame me, so be it. I

Reply to
Rob

Ok Rob. Just in case someone don't want to ware there seat belt for so unknown reason. Looking at the seat belt fastener on the right side push a very small (Thin) screwdriver in the fastener till the lock clicks remove screwdriver and it should stop the charming sound. Just push the seat belt release button to rearm the seat belt charm. Now that's on a 07 Tucson. don't know if it will work on others. But it might. Let me know if it works for you.

Reply to
Willie Lambert

Oh, What ever you do don't use the key to the car to lock the seat belt catch. It's to thick and will get stuck. Don't ask how I know I just know. lol

Reply to
Willie Lambert

Both. Years ago I was in a serious accident. I had very minor injury thanks to the belt. I also have seen first hand what can happen if you don't wear one.

The fine here is something like $65 if you don't wear one. They check often enough not to take a risk. Once you get into the habit, you just do it and it has never been uncomfortable for me.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski