Seat covers for Elantra

I asked about this a while back and there were no clear answers, but time has past and maybe this has been figured out. The issue with placing a seat cover on a front seat is potentially interfering with airbag deployment - that would be bad. There are seat covers available, but I've yet to see a statement upfront that says they are engineered to not interfere with airbag deployment. My drivers seat is getting ratty and I need to do something, but getting it reupholstered is pricey. If anyone knows of a seat cover manufacturer that has addressed this I'd appreciate a link. How are those of you with older cars dealing with this?

Reply to
Victek

I asked about this a while back and there were no clear answers, but time has past and maybe this has been figured out. The issue with placing a seat cover on a front seat is potentially interfering with airbag deployment - that would be bad. There are seat covers available, but I've yet to see a statement upfront that says they are engineered to not interfere with airbag deployment. My drivers seat is getting ratty and I need to do something, but getting it reupholstered is pricey. If anyone knows of a seat cover manufacturer that has addressed this I'd appreciate a link. How are those of you with older cars dealing with this?

*****

Look here - says they are 'airbag safe'

Larry

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

Reply to
Victek