Shakey Engine

My wife has a 1999 Tiburon with 154K miles. All of a sudden the engine started to shake violently while stopped at a light or stop sign. Also from 0 to 20 MPH the shaking continues. Check Engine light has come on as
well. After we get up above 20MPH the shaking is not as bad. Is this a transmission issue?
Franco26 wrote:

controller.
engine lights got nothing to do with the transmission. hyundai tech my have a answer.. id bring it in and have the computer scanned, i hope u kept up with maitenance , timing belt etc with those miles...

Scanning it is a good idea to find out why the lamp is on. It's probably related but possibly not.
Based on the way you describe the shaking, it sounds like a misfire. You may want to check your plugs, wires, and coil.
Thanks for all the input guys. Hopefuly it will not be too expensive.