Similar Starting Difficulty With Your Hyundai ?

If anybody has this difficulty starting his/her Hyundai:
It usually takes my 2005 Sonata three times/turnovers/crankings to catch/start.
Then please write me at:
robtcohen at msn.com
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com
Never! My '06 Tucson starts 1st time, every time...

My 2002 accent is great even in the cold...never a problem
Mary

Congrats to all with those terrif properly starting H's, and I betcha the lights light too
Mary wrote:

Are you old school, did you grow up driving a carbed vehicle. If so DO NOT go anywhere near the gas pedel when trying to start it
It's (apparently) something else. Everybody else has same problem. It generally catches only after the third attempt, sometimes after two attempts.The service department of the dealer can't solve it though making various repairs.( It's not under warranty/contract.)
But you're right. I "started" on the 1950s cars.
I recall the circa two-tone 1950 little Metropolitan with a floor starter, b-t-w., and vaguely others of the late 1940s/early 1950s vintage.
They sometimes would start by coasting-down hill in second gear, getting up to...5-10 mph in order to function..
I suppose that's still done though haven't driven a straight-shift in years to findout.
sqdancerLynn wrote:

Something which I have been wondering about for a while now. Can an automatic shift car be started by jerking? I have been using stick shifts throughout my life & just recently got an automatic for the wife. Don't generally let the battery go down but was wondering if it is possible and if so how? Push in Neutral and slip into drive???

I don't think I ever "kicked-off " an automatic, though I've heard of it being done.
"They" say it's not good for the transmission
I may have tried it once or twice, and it surely would be foolish to experiment with anything but a rattle-trap, throw-away junk-yard candidate (for which they'll give ya next to nothing for if anything)---so ..uh...try it for the fun of it on a long grade or hill if ya don't hardly care about the junquer's transmissioon any more which they'll give you nuthin for anyhow
Vineeth wrote:

Won't work. Most older automatics had to be pushed to about 20 mph in order to get the torque converter to spin the engine fast enough to start. I don't know if today's cars can even start at that speed.
Keep a set of cables in the car in case of a needed jump start.
Both my sister and Niece have '05 Sonata's. Neither has any problem starting, ever.
Jon

Okay, though is this also the situations of Groucho's, Chico's, Gummo's, and Harpo's '05 H's?
And vat about the door's, they open/close w/o squeaking ?
Zeppo wrote:

Don't touch gas pedal and let the key in ON position for some seconds before starting engine. And don't let few gasoline in tank.
--
Zotto V6 Sonica driver
http://www.g2kweb.it/gigio2k/gallery.asp?gallery_dir=Upload/salvati/zotto/GPL