Sizzle - no steak

I've noticed my 2005 3.5L Santa Fe making a steaming or sizzling sound after I shut it off. Usually a very small puddle of water is under the car. It's just water, no coolant. I've just stated noticing this now that it's warm enough for the air to come on.

I figure the evaporator drain is not routed correctly and water is dripping onto the engine with some cooking off. Will this damage the engine or can this wait until my next oil change in July?

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

More than likely, it's your evaporator drain dripping onto the exhaust. Even if it's dripping onto the engine, the chances of it doing damage are nearly nil.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Thanks guys. I'll have to find something else to obsess about.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo