Slam Bam...

My 03 Santa fe is giving me symptoms of the 2-3 shift "Bump" (more like a rear end crash) (2.7L AT Fwd)
I have read that the adaptive learning tranny needs to be re-set so I
removed the neg cable for about 5 minutes. while the engine was warm and drove as prescribed afterwards.
The clock and calendar displays re-set but the monsoon stereo did not lose program. Huh?
Seems to have cured the harsh shift, but I was wondering if the cable was off long enough to do the job. Just curious if the monsoon might have a backup memory to explain why it did not lose program?

lose
More likely it has a backup battery to power the memory to remember the settings.
Jon