slight clicking or ticking on acceleration

I have a 2000 Sonata 2.4L and in the last few days I've noticed a very slight ticking or clicking sound but only during acceleration. It doesn't happen as I'm just driving along at a constant speed. Its hard
to tell where its coming from but it sounds like the left side engine compartment but its faint. I have to turn off the air conditioning to really hear it.
Any ideas?
Perhaps a cracked exhaust manifold? Just guessing. Could be anything.
That would be alright. Its a part covered under my extended warranty.