slow wipers on accent ?

a few months ago my wiper blades started to move slow. i went and got a wiper motor on ebay for my 2002 accent, i put it in today and it is slow again? any ideas what could fix this problem? new wipers? new
fuse? thanks.

Did you get a new motor or a used motor? Wipers on a dry windshield will often drag and operate slow, but they shouldn't on a wet windshield. Don't bother with the fuse - it's either good or it's not and if it's not, the wipers won't work at all.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

It's possible the linkage is binding, or I suppose it's also possible that your alternator isn't working properly, causing your system voltage to be low.
joe wrote:

Have you checked the bearings where the wiper arms attach. If either or both is dry (not uncommon), they will slow down the wiper action. Work some oil into them (real oil, not WD-40 or another light spray lube) and you should see a big improvement.
I have had this happen a few times myself. Just lubricate the arms where they bolt with the car and everything will be fine. I do mine once a month so that it wont happen again
Mary

I took it a part today and the linkage is very rusty. i cant hardly move the right wiper, i guess i should get new linkage. thanks. Mary wrote:

joe wrote:

That would be the best thing to do, but as as an expedient, you can work some oil into the bearing to free it up. That will keep you going until you get your new parts.