sludge

Page 2 of 4
'I've done engine flushes on sludged engines and seen no appreciable difference. It may wash some of the sludge out of the passages, but the bulk of it remains in the engine. In my opinion, it's mostly a waste of
money.'
REPLY: DId you do it with the Bilstien ENgine Flush Machine which pumps heated solvent thru the oil filter spindle, fills up the block oil passages with the solvent letting it sit for 15 minutes , then circulates fresh solvent thru at 45 psi while the old solvent comes out of the Oil Pan and across filters in the Machine which are visible ? Ive personally witnessed this being done on two of my high mileage vehicles and i change oil with filter at 3 k. miles using synthetic oil and high performance oil filter. Its worth it to do about every 40 k miles if its done with this specific Machine.
Like changing Trans Oil at 50 k miles instead of 100 k miles....its for the owner who desires to take the absolute best care of his vehicle(s) , even if it isnt recommended in the Car Owners Manual.
Yep, you describe the machine I used. Sure, the junk that comes out looks bad. My point is that most of the stuff is still in the engine. The pitchers that sold my former dealership the machine described that it would take out all the sludge, etc. Well, it doesn't.
hyundaitech wrote:

Dave apparently is the same poster who I recently noticed touting incorrect advice about anti-freeze usage in alt.rv. (along with his OT and unwanted Christian Fundamentalistic proselytizing) Funny to find him in here promoting having some high school drop-out at Pep Boys applying useless and potential harmfull applications of solvents into an engine.
If one is so anally retentive as to desire all sludge out of an engine, pull it, take it apart and "hot tank" it.
Dave's been a good boy here. There have been others who have been out of line with their comments and have dredged up their so-called trash from other places.
I don't car about what anyone else says happens other places, not am I going to go there just to look for dirt on Dave. He could be a great guy or he could be the world's largest angle-side-side. As long as he's respectful here (as he has been), I'll reply.
'Dave's been a good boy here. There have been others who have been out of line with their comments and have dredged up their so-called trash from other places. I don't car about what anyone else says happens other places, not am I going to go there just to look for dirt on Dave. He could be a great guy or he could be the world's largest angle-side-side. As long as he's respectful here (as he has been), I'll reply.'
REPLY: I appreciate your attitude and philosophy H.T. The main reason why i have folks like 'Godless Heathen' stalk me in an attempt to discredit me , is because I simply challenge their willful godlessness/immorality/spread of degradation ... and they dont seem to like that too much. They think i should be tolerant to their 'religion' of suppressed moral conscience, which isnt going to happen. The main reason America is in the moral mess its in , is because of complacency toward the Immoral Hedonists. Youd be surprised where these Varmin pop up in the NG's i visit. Its not that i hate them...its that i take a stand against their cause ; the same that our Founding Fathers did when this (once) great country was birthed.
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

You've got a pretty warped perspective, Dave. All it takes is a brief look around to see that some of the most immoral people on the planet also claim to be very religious. Religion has been used to justify some of the most heinously immoral acts in history. Religious belief is not a prerequisite for morality, nor is it a guarantee of it. Conversely, lack of religious belief does not portend immorality or hedonism. You sound like just another typical intolerant religious zealot. You may believe that you're part of the solution, but people like you are actually the major source of the problem.
Who was it who said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? If you don't want other people's beliefs imposed on you, don't impose yours upon them. Pretty simple, eh? If more people followed that principle and adopted the "live and let live" credo, there'd be a lot less strife in this world.
Can we go back to talking about cars now?
'Dave apparently is the same poster who I recently noticed touting incorrect advice about anti-freeze usage in alt.rv. (along with his OT and unwanted Christian Fundamentalistic proselytizing) '
REPLY: Had you bothered to really investigate that running straight distilled water makes an automotive engine cool better than a 50/50 coolant solution....you would have found i was in fact, correct. In the RV NG , i even posted proof to this fact from Redline Chemical Co's website and asked why you think Indy Racers use straight water in their engines. Lastly, there are laws which protect me sharing my Faith and it was America that was founded on Christian morals and ethics and even squarely on Jesus Christ ; if anything, you should NOT be a 'godless heathen' nor should you be supporting the moral degradation associated with it. George Washingtons inagural address specifically disents from your 'religion' of godlessness and hedonism, and, it is the root cause of current Post Modernisms societal decay---exactly as George Washington said would happen if America ever turned its back on God and his principles .
I hope this isn't an attempt to prove me wrong, Dave. While I support Christian morals, I also support tolerance of others up to the point where they begin to tread on my individual rights.
'I hope this isn't an attempt to prove me wrong, Dave. While I support Christian morals, I also support tolerance of others up to the point where they begin to tread on my individual rights.'
REPLY: H.T. , Yes...I can agree with this too. However, I support taking a stand against the very things which are sending this country down the moral sewer also ; I think its encumbant upon all of us who know right from wrong and who care about this Country to do so. I trust you feel the same way as its ok to be intolerant toward things which ruin an entire nation. Regards.
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:45:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) wrote:

Dave, I gotta tell you there's almost nothing I dislike more than Christian proselytizing. One thing I dislike more would be Atheistic proselytizing.
Let's talk Hyundai's friend! :)
--
Bob

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

Yes, but coolant serves other purposes in addition to heat transfer. And pure water isn't very good at corrosion protection, seal protection, etc.
Matt
'Yes, but coolant serves other purposes in addition to heat transfer. And pure water isn't very good at corrosion protection, seal protection, etc. Matt'
REPLY: True. Which is why i had also mentioned in the particular RV post thread i made in that Forum , that a corrosion inhibitor was required in conjunction with the 100% distilled water . This assumes NO A/C is on the car also , as, with straight water, it is possible to freeze up the heating coil (with stagnant water only in it) since it is downstream of the A/C's evaporator. With A/C, at least a 25% coolant to 75% water is advisable .
Matt Whiting wrote:

It also has a lower boiling point, a higher freezing point and therefore doesn't protect against either as well as a 50:50 mix. Water is fine in racing engines that get torn down after a few hundred miles, but it's ridiculous to run it in a street engine.
'The pitchers that sold my former dealership the machine described that it would take out all the sludge, etc. Well, it doesn't.'
REPLY: How did you know alot of it was still in the engine ? And, did you do the Bilstein Engine Flush twice for the engine that was really sludge'd up ?
I looked inside before and after. No noticeable change. Considering the amount of sludge that was originally there and the amount that was still there, I didn't see the point in doing it a second time.
hyundaitech wrote:

Game, set and match to Hyundaitech! ;-)
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

Let me guess. After you do this, you get 10% better fuel mileage, your engine has 20 more HP, it runs quieter, starts better and stops faster. Did I miss anything?
Matt
'DId you do it with the Bilstien ENgine Flush Machine which pumps heated solvent thru the oil filter spindle, fills up the block oil passages with the solvent letting it sit for 15 minutes , then circulates fresh solvent thru at 45 psi while the old solvent comes out of the Oil Pan and across filters in the Machine which are visible ? Ive personally witnessed this being done on two of my high mileage vehicles and i change oil with filter at 3 k. miles using synthetic oil and high performance oil filter. Its worth it to do about every 40 k miles if its done with this specific Machine.
Let me guess. After you do this, you get 10% better fuel mileage, your engine has 20 more HP, it runs quieter, starts better and stops faster. Did I miss anything? Matt '
REPLY: You should not be listened to Matt since you come to the table with an unsupportable preconcieved bias in many instances ; you denounce this particular Engine Flush procedure without even having first hand knowledge or personal experience with it. At least go to their website and come up to speed on the Machine, how it works, its benefits, et al...instead of offering a conclusion based on personal bias.
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

I'll put my technical background against yours any day of the week. What are your credentials? I have two BS degrees, am completing a masters at present and am a licensed professional engineer in NY state (and you can look that up on their web site if you don't believe me). OK, your turn.
Matt
'I'll put my technical background against yours any day of the week. What are your credentials? I have two BS degrees, am completing a masters at present and am a licensed professional engineer in NY state (and you can look that up on their web site if you don't believe me). OK, your turn. Matt'
REPLY: Matt, In the interest of civility in this NG, Im not even going there. I have adoped a personal philosophy over the years and it goes like this : If I (or someone else) has not had FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with something/someone....then it is a wise person who reserves making comment until such time that it is fully justifiable and appropriate based on firm evidence. This has served me very well . I wish no animosity between you and myself Matt. There is a plethera of knowledge to be had in this NG and we should focus in on that instead . I hope you will agree. And i humbly apologize if i offended you in anyway concerning this thread. Dave.