Small Scratch

Page 2 of 2
I forgot to mention the scratch is about 1/4".
Do you think that will rust if I do not use the touch up paint?
If so, how long does it usually take for rust 2-3 years?

I just don't want to try the touch up paint if I don't have to because I think that I will mess it up.

If you mess it up, just wipe it off before it dries. Get the touch up paint, head to a local body shop and ask the guys inside to touch it up for you. I'm sure they'd be happy to do it for nothing.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

If you are afraid of doing the touch up, trade the car in soon. Rust can start in a matter of hours under certain conditions.
It is far better to have a stand out touch up on the 1/4" scratch than a big blob of rust that will appear over time.
No, I don't think it will rust, I KNOW it will rust. Take a look at some cars as you drive and the big red bumpy spots on them. If you can live with that, fine.