Sonata 2001 in france

Hello,

I found a Sonata CONFORT, 2001, 59000 km, 6300 euros, is it a good car? what about the camshaft drivebelt? what is a timing belt? what about fuel consumption?and so on.... how to find pics of the model of this year?

thanks !! from france....

Reply to
blast

I could not find a picture, but the Confort is probably very similar to other Sonata models of the world. You can find some information and photo of the US version at

The price seems to be in line with US models also.

Timing belt and camshaft drive belt are the same thing and should be replaced at 100,000 Km. Perhaps there are some used car sites in Europe that would have more information that what I can provide.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The 2.4 Liter engine likes to eat timing belts right around the maintenance interval (4 years/100,000km), so beware of this if the car has the 2.4. Otherwise, not a bad car. No idea about the European economy.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"blast" schreef in bericht news:4651c2da$0$27393$ snipped-for-privacy@news.orange.fr...

I've looked at a Dutch used car ad selecting website

there are some Sonata's for sale. Have a look. The prices are in ?. Dick

Reply to
Dick

Many of the ads show 2.0L engines. I wasn't able to find any pertinent cars with engine pictures to see which 2.0 was being used. Some of the

2.0L engines had timing belt troubles as well.
Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks a lot for all your remarks !!!!