Sonata 2002 v6 starting trouble

My sonata 2002 v6 , has 152,000 hwy miles, does not start unless i press the gas pedal almost half the way, or pump the gas pedal while cranking. I have to keep the pedal holding down so that its at 1200+ rpm, but the moment I reduce the pressure on gas pedal, engine stops. There is no CEL light on,and still I checked with autozone scanner, and it did say PASS (since there is no check engine light on). Engine seems to be smooth at half gas pedal pressure, so I won't suspect any bad spark plugs(but there is quite a gas smell). Any advice is appreciated.

-- Message posted using

information at

2soh

Start by checking for large vacuum leaks. That'll make it difficult for the computer to get the proper mixture at low throttle angles.

Also check your purge valve to be sure it isn't stuck open. That could cause a flooding situation that isn't easy to resolve at low throttle angles.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech