Sonata 2003 brake noise

Hi I've got a strange noise coming from the front brakes sort of a rattle or rumble like noise and fairly loud. This only occurs when applying the brakes hard at higher speeds 100kms to

120kms. The dealer told me it was warped disks so I had pads and disks replaced also wheel bearings , the brakes where checked and the problem still occurs. Note the car has no ABS so its not the anti skid. There is no other noise or vibration when this happens. The dealer does not want to test the car over the speed limit and has not heard the noise only my limited discription. Any ideas ? before I go back to the dealer and get "taken for another ride" Thanks
Reply to
Virtual Cow
60MPH (100kph) doesn't sound too terribly over the speed limit (if at all). If the noise happens consistently at this speed and they refuse to test it as such, seek out a place that will.

Your description sounded like warped rotors to me. Are you sure it's the front? Might it be the rear? Has the suspension/steering been checked for wear?

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for the reply. I also thought it was the rotors also but it was a no fix after they replaced them. Are the brakes normaly Installed with an Anti Rattle device ? What does it look like and would there be any reason they would not install it ? I'm almost certain its from the front I feel no vibration or front end noise as I said only when applying the brakes hard. Yes 100-120 km is not far over the limit I think the dealer is just too lazy to take it on the highway. As you say I'll take it to another dealer.

Reply to
Virtual Cow

The pads should insert onto two pieces of spring metal in each caliper. These hold the pads tight and reduce rattle and squeal. There are also shims on the back of the pads which help reduce squeal.

Reply to
hyundaitech