Sonata 7500 mile checks

Hyundaitech,

If you get time to read this ... is there any reason to take my 06 Sonata into the dealer for the 7500 miles check? From what I read in the owner's manual, it appears all of the checks are visual and I can certainly check hoses, suspension fasteners, etc. Are any checks done at the 7500 mile mark that require the scan tool or similar? I don't mind giving my dealer business when necessary, but I don't see anything at this point that really requires a pro.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

If you get time to read this ... is there any reason to take my 06 Sonata into the dealer for the 7500 miles check? From what I read in the owner's manual, it appears all of the checks are visual and I can certainly check hoses, suspension fasteners, etc. Are any checks done at the 7500 mile mark that require the scan tool or similar? I don't mind giving my dealer business when necessary, but I don't see anything at this point that really requires a pro.

What about an oil change? Unless you do that yourself.

Reply to
wolfcub27540

The only thing it should need would be the oil change and, if you believe in it, a tire rotation. I didn't believe in tire rotation until I owned a front drive car which wore out the fronts quickly and chopped to backs about as quickly.

No need for a scan tool unless you've got some malfunction indicator on.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I've done those myself, twice thus far. I replaced the OEM dino oil with more dino oil at 2500 and then synthetic at 5,000. I plan to change every 5,000 from now until the warranty expires and then probably will go to 10,000 mile intervals.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Yes, I believe in tire rotation and do that at 10,000 mile intervals, which is every other oil change for me. I've found that the 5-6,000 miles are just a waste of time with modern radial tires.

I do that myself along with the oil changes as it gives me a great chance to inspect the brakes, brake hoses, CV boots, suspension parts, etc.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting