Sonata Fuel Tank Air Filter

I've got a 2006 Sonata LX approaching 30,000 miles. Both the Hyundai web site and owners manual say to change the "Fuel Tank Air Filter".
I've never heard of this type of part. I've tried to google it and nothing comes up. Anybody have any ideas of what it is and does it really have to be changed?
I'm pretty sure they're talking about the canister air filter. If it gets clogged, your tank won't be able to properly vent fuel vapors through the charcoal canister. When this occurs, you may have difficulty filling the tank, or the check engine lamp may come on, or both. I've only seen about three cars that had canister filter failures. I think the common theme was driving in dirty and dusty areas.
and where is the cannister and where can I get new filter?
The location of the canister varies by model. On many, it's at the left rear corner of the vehicle. I'd suspect the canister filter will be a dealer only item.
That may be correct for the Sonata. There was a thread on one of the message boards about insulating the fuel filler tube to minimize the sloshing noise. Apparently getting at that tube involves removing the left-rear wheel well liner. It was mentioned that removing that liner also gives access to the mysterious fuel tank air filter. ymmv.

The thread started about filter on 06 sonata V6, this is what the question alludes to! Is it on the left rear corner of that car?

Yes, near the filler. If you go to www.hmaservice.com they show a diagram