Sonata hood protection

I've already obtained one fairly large stone chip in the front edge of my hood on my 06 Sonata. I'm thinking about buying a hood deflector, but I have one on my truck and haven't liked it much. It protects the
hood very nicely, but it disturbs the airflow enough to make the mirrors vibrate and make the windshield washers much less effective. It also cost me at least 0.5 MPG.
The Sonata delfector looks less aggressive with less of up upturned lip, but I'm still wondering how it will affect the airflow. Anyone installed one yet? Anyone tried any other forms of protection for the front lip of the hood (bra, 3M tape, etc.)?