Sonata lower armrest pad latch

I need to replace the lower (main) compartment latch on our 2009 Sonata. I took off the 4 screws that hold the bottom panel on to access the latch. It looked
easy but, the panel will not pry off. I'm afraid that if I keep prying I'll break it. What am I missing?
Can you be specific about what this "lower (main) compartment" is? Where is it, what is its function, etc.?
On Thursday, January 1, 2015 4:53:20 PM UTC-5, hyundaitech wrote:

is it, what is its function, etc.?
Sorry. Forgot to look at the subject heading. I don't recall specifically , it's not mentioned in the shop manual, and it's not clear from the parts diagram.
In some cases, the bottom cover on the armrest snaps in, so you may, as you say, need to pry it out. In others, I think you may need to remove the en tire armrest assembly to remove all the fasteners. In the latter case, you 'll need to pull the rear end cover of the console rearward to access the s crews to remove the armrest.
I don't have one to look at right now, but I'll repost when I get one.
Looking at one of these, it appears the black undercover latches at the rear of the armrest assembly. If you try to pull it apart from that end, it may come apart. If not, I'd suggest removing the entire thing so you can see everything better.
replying to hyundaitech , Mike wrote:

of the armrest assembly. If you try to pull it apart from that end, it may come apart. If not, I'd suggest removing the entire thing so you can see everything better.
Thanks. I'll take the whole thing off rather than take the chance of snapping it.
replying to hyundaitech , Mike wrote:

of the armrest assembly. If you try to pull it apart from that end, it may come apart. If not, I'd suggest removing the entire thing so you can see everything better.
Yep, that did it. Awesome! Thanks!