Sonata too fast???

Page 2 of 2

I find that to be a PITA first thing in the morning when still cold. I pull out of my driveway and turn up a hill and it just sort of hangs for a few seconds when it shifts. I've not tried to manually shift it to see if it is any better.
Seems to be a long lag when going from drive to reverse also. Another minor PITA when backing out of a parking space, or when backing into my driveway when there is a car coming up behind me.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

If "drive-by-wire" is that much of a pain, I think I'll stick with cars with mechanical throttle controls. ;-)
One would think that this should all be correctable with a simple software change. I wonder what's taking Hyundai so long to deal with it?
Brian Nystrom wrote:

That would be my preference, but the Sonata doesn't list a mechanical throttle linkage as an option! :-)

My thought as well. This should be trivial to fix.
Matt

I would like EVERYTHING manual except the transmission.
But, I think ESC requires an electronic throttle.
BTW, my throttle and shifting are fine. Not too sensitive, not too numb. Or, maybe the last 2-3 vehicles I have owned have all had similar throttles and I'm used to it. -
Bob
Bob Adkins wrote:

If so, I'll pass on that, too.