Sonata top speed?

Page 2 of 3
wrote:

You obviously believe in name calling. Your are arrogant to think that it is your place to comment where no comment is necessary.
I've also known too many people killed or maimed by people driving like you described
I don't believe you. Why do you make things like that up? Trying to prove your point with some pompous statement like that.
or driving drunk.
Drunk I don't recall saying anything about drinking.

You are a very amusing person. I find your pompous attitude refreshing. Your childish attitude is refreshing in its ignorance.

Of course you will. Its your duty to say these things. Thank you.

I love these moral tirades of yours. Are you looking for support. Answer to your question is that I would feel terrible if those things happened. I would feel equally as bad if those things happened when I was going the speed limit. That is a silly question to ask Matt. Would anyone say they would feel good. Of course those things did not happen so what's the point. There wasn't any traffic so to speak. Every 10 to 20 miles the guy in front of me that I was following would come up upon a group of cars and we would slow down to get around them. Since he was a good quarter mile in front of me I would get caught behind the cars, and yes I went around 115 to get back on pace with him.
People like you think the world

I was unaware that you had such insight to know what I do and don;t have regard for.
Sorry, but

No Matt that's not stupid. W hat I did was not a good thing, but not stupid. At three AM in the morning with not another living thing in sight in the middle of know wear its not only acceptable, its common. Matt on this stretch of road there are no signs of civilization. No lights on the horizon, none to the right, none to the left, and none behind.
Matt you just don't know when to shut up. I am waiting for your next silly reply to me. You just have to keep responding to this thread. You can't let it go can you. I look forward to your continued preaching. Best regards to you Matt.
Robert wrote:

Look like I'm not alone in keeping the thread going.
Matt

Thank you Matt, you just affirmed my previous statement
Robert wrote:

At least it is easy to keep you happy.

Those things can't happen at 70mph? What speed do most accidents happen at? What speed do most fatalities happen at?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I do that to. I like to see how far up the ramp before I'm up to 70. Coming off the ramp on the way home from work, I don't knock the cruise control off until I make the first section off the travel lane and the left curve was 40 mph in my old car is comfy at 50 in the Sonata. Overall, I'm impressed with the handling.
Some bright sunny day in the right place I'll hit 100 just to say I've done it.

scarcely any traffic I touched 109mph. I never realized it untill my wife asked me to slow down and later saw on the trip computer of a GPS unit I was using that the top speed was 109mph! I am sure I would have gotten atleast 5 to 8 points if I had been caught. The car is real smooth even at such speeds though..
Sorry I forgot to mention I have a 2006 sonata V6
I've had my V6 up to 100 briefly, 90s more often. It really, really likes it there but the police do not. Looking for a race track which might allow me to play a little. IIRC, the tires are rated to 130 or so.
I have heard fifth-hand reports of Sonatas "regularly hitting 160" in South Korea. Haven't been there, don't know. Planning to go next year and see for myself.
The car supposedly still holds the highest speed ever recorded for the State of Arizona, in the 140s. I can totally believe it can do 140.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't think it was the highest speed ever recorded in the state of Arizona, but it was reported to be in the 140's. 140 is not terribly high and there are plenty of cars that will hit that, whether stock or not.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

While I am sure it isn't the highest speed ever recorded in AZ (or anywhere for that matter) at the time I remember reading that it was the highest speeding ticket ever given for a photo radar unit.
Eric

Yeah - that could make sense.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I personally hold the world's speed record while eating a bagel. -
Bob

Bob, as a kid I reared a guy when I dropped my double whopper and rummaged on the floor to find it. I hadn't honed my skills by then......ended up being an expensive sandwhich.

Doh! I hate it when that happens. -
Bob
My "I learned about driving from that story" because it's funny...
Just after getting my license, I went for a drive in my folks' Dodge station wagon. The fuel pump died two blocks from home. Rather than suffer the embarrassment of towing or calling for help, I figured I could push the car home.
Except it was downhill. And there was just me to push and drive. And I chose to push.
Casualties included the front bumper and a fence post. Missed a parked truck by about an inch. Took me about a week to sit down again.
Bob Adkins wrote:

have been 135, I was drunk and eating while on the cell phone so I can't recall exactly. The tires are not rated for that high a speed though. I had a blow out and hit a woman and two kids. Good thing it was the tires fault or I might have "felt bad." I'll keep you posted on the lawsuit against Goodyear and Nextel. (They should know talking on their network is dangerous while you drive.)

You are a jerk. I was in the left lane doing 40 mph so I could read the newspaper and you scared the crap out of me.
wrote in message

So that was *you* that was right up on my bumper in the left lane! Next time take your paper and move it on over to the center lane and just pass me. I go plenty fast enough to get where I want to go and if you have a problem with that get off my bumper and just pass me.