Sound system in '06 Tucson

I am considering buying a '06 Tucson but I want to know what your opinions are on the sound system with the 6 disc changer and sub-woofer. Is it worth the money or should I get and after market
head unit and changer?
Smee wrote:

We have an '06 Tux with the single disc and no subwoofer. The sound is barely adequate -- it works fine, and it's okay for casual listening but I've heard better OEM radios in other makes and models. I don't hold that against Hyundai since the SUV is reasonably priced, I can't really expect or demand a top-notch sound system. Anyway, if music is really important to you I doubt the 6-cd with subwoofer would live up to your standards. If it were me I would go aftermarket.

Thanks, I guess I will be putting my JVC head unit and changer in my Tucson.

We have an '06 Limited with the 6-disc and sub. Sound is fair to good. It can take quite a high volume setting with out distortion, but lacks clarity - to my ears, anyway. Also, you gain the changer and sub, but loose MP3 capability! We knew this from our test drive, but still wanted the Limited for the other upgrades/overall feature set.

My current changer is a JVC 12 disc changer with mp3 capability. I currently have 12 discs full of mp3's in the changer, so I shouldn't have to change a disc for about a year.