speed sensor

hello , i need a input tribune speed sensor put into my car , where is that located . Also i have been driving like that for about 6 months do u think it has caused some other damge to my car.?

Reply to
leslie8774

You can find the location by going to

and opening a free account. Be sure to go to the Site Requirements and get the picture viewer.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'll need to know the year and model of your car to advise you on this, Leslie. But you should have your car repaired. If your transmission is going into failsafe (3rd gear only), it puts tremendous strain on the transmission at low speeds.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I'm curious as to why this is? I'd have thought just the opposite.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

You've got the engine applying a large amount of torque-- the torque converter allows the engine to rev up significantly-- yet the output still accelerates slowly.

Think about revving your engine up to 2000 rpm at a stop and then letting the clutch out in 3rd or 4th gear. It's not quite the same, but I hope it illustrates the strain put on the system.

Reply to
hyundaitech