speedometer quit then started working again. XG350

My out-of-warrenty 2002 XG350's speedometer quit working on the way home from work the other day. All of a sudden it was reading 0 mph. The tach was still working, and the car seemed to be running fine. After noticing this, I was just about to engage the cruise control to see if that was working or not, when the speedometer jumped back to life and has been working ever since. Anyone seen this behavior before, or know what to do about it?

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Dan K

Usually, the problem is with the vehicle speed sensor or the gear attached to it. It's nearly impossible to tell which is faulty without trial and error, so I usually just replace both at the same time-- they're part of the same assembly.

Reply to
hyundaitech