Steering wheel vibration Hyundai tucson

I have a lot steering wheel vibration with my Hyundai tucson and the dealer can not solve this problem. If you want to read more about this issue check the following link:

If you have a solution, please post it!

Enrico

Reply to
Enrico

Mijn Hyundai Tucson heeft veel last van trillingen in het stuur (stuurwiel trilt tussen de 115 en 135 km/uur). Diverse keren balanceren hebben niet geholpen. Meer info via onderstaande link.

Als je de oplossing hebt, graag deze even posten!

Groeten, Enrico

Reply to
Enrico

It sounds like the classic wheel balance issue. Since you say road-forcing the tires changed the problem, I'd primarily look at the tires and wheels. And don't be fooled about the road forcing. Putting them on the machine and checking the road force doesn't really do anything. The only way to actually minimize (and this is very time consuming and likely to be expensive) is to:

  1. Drive the vehicle several miles/kilometers to be sure the tires are set properly.

  1. Use the matchmaker feature of the machine. This requires checking the road force of all tires, dismounting them, and checking the runout of all rims. The machine then instructs which tires to put on which rims, how to match the tire position to the rim to minimize vibration, and where to install the wheels on the vehicle to minimize vibration.

Even this won't solve the vibration issue if the tire or wheel is too far out of balance/out of round. Start by checking the tires and wheels, especially the tires if the problem changed when the tires were changed.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I have driven several 1000 km's with 3 different sets of tires and rims (2 x Hankook, 1 x Pirelli). With all posible variations of rims, tires and car positions I still have steering wheel vibrations (sometimes more, somtimes less, but never without...).

All sets of tires haven been driven for more then 2000 km each

This has been done where nescessary to match the tire position to the rim to minimize vibration (VRF < 4 kg). Changing wheel positions on the car does have effect, but doesn't solve the problem completely.

Although it sounds like the classical wheel balancing issue, I still think it is a problem of the Tucson itself. Why is my Tucson so critical regarding the wheel balancing? If I test drive a demo car everything is OK.

Reply to
Enrico

The driving of the vehicle several km needs to be dont *prior* to the road force matchmaking. I.e., if the technician gets in the parked vehicle and brings it in the shop without driving, the results may be incorrect/ineffective.

It sounds like the shop did a decent job if they did the matchmaking. But the fact that it changes when the tires are serviced leads me to believe it's a wheel/tire issue. As to why your Tucson is so critical, I don't know.

Furthermore, I'll never be able to compete my online diagnosis of this with someone who actually has the vehicle in their possession. Mostly, it sounds like the people servicing your vehicle are performing improper diagnosis and improper testing when repairs are complete. It's a pretty simple matter to retest the vehicle after repairs are complete to see if the vibration is still present. If so, then it logically follows that there are more repairs to be done.

Reply to
hyundaitech

HUH ???

Reply to