Storing car

My parents are buying my '05 Elantra Hatch and I will be driving it from NY to Fla where it will sit for 6-8 weeks. What should I do so that it will start up and run when they arrive?

Reply to
Smee

Northing.

If everything is in good condition, it should just start right up. Worst case scenario is a trickle charger on the battery.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It probably isn't needed for 8 weeks of storage, but I'd still get a small bottle of Stabil and treat the gas per the instructions before storage. And I'd consider also a trickle charger per Ed's recommendation.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting