Sudden Loss of Power on Elantra

I have a 2005 Elantra 5-speed manual with 52K miles.

For the most part it runs fine but all of a sudden I have a loss of power.

If I depress the clutch and pump the gas, it picks up again. It also periodically stalls.

The other night it was stalling out while I was coasting with the clutch depressed and the trans. in neutral so I don't think it's a clutch problem.

It tends to happen more when it's cold but the problem is intermittent.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

- PAUL

Reply to
paul

A clogged fuel filter?

Reply to
mykey

Is the check engine lamp on?

There are many possibilities. Without more information, I might suggest checking for a vacuum leak or, depending on exactly what happens and at what temperatures, perhaps reprogram the ECM.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

It turns out it is a computer part, and fortunately it's under warrantee. I don't have the part name but I will know tomorrow after they replace it in case anyone wants to know.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Reply to
paul