synthetic oil for Sonata V-6

Want to thank all you folks for the info. I do believe that the question has been resolved, ad infinitum! Thanks again.

Reply to
Deck

Which answer did you choose? :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

already told you havew bought pennz platinum. will use that this time, then...who knows!! :-)

Reply to
Deck

Oops, I forgot! I'll be putting Mobil 1 into my Sonata in another 2-3 weeks.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Eeeeuuuwww! You're going to make that engine barf man! :)

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Right you are, Bob, what was I thinking! ;-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I hope you didn't get it on sale at Pep Boys for $1.99/quart! Don't you know that cheap oil is bad for your car??? ;-)

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Actually, in some places you can buy re-refined oil really cheaply. I'll bet you could even get used oil for free from a local garage, run it through a coffee filter and use that. That would really economize!

Hey, an even better idea. If you pay the shipping and hazmat fees, I'll send you my used Mobil 1. I only run it 5,000 miles so it should have lots of life left in it. And if you ask nicely, I'll even throw in my used filter.

:-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Deck, you use that Penzoil and let these others use what they want, I have used PENZOIL since the EARLY 60's and NOTHING BUT PENZOIL !!!!!!! Penzoil has been in 14 BRAND NEW CARS that ALL gave me in ECCESS of 100,000 miles each without an oil related problem on any of them..... I see some saying your crazy and saying eeeeeuuuuucccccckkkkkkk and saying your engine is going to barf !!!! this takes me back to a comment I made a few weeks ago " If you dont have an intelligent answer then keep your wisecracks to yourself " it's not going to help the person asking the question only confuse them. I'm not going to get into the " Great Oil Debate " but it seems to me that if you use something that work's, you keep using it till it doesnt work anymore and just because somebody doesnt like a certain product they should't push thier views on somebody else.

Tunez

Reply to
Tunez

Tunez! Don't get your shorts in a bind. this is all in good fun. we have discussed this and kidded one another over this for quite a while. Nothing malicious here, just joshing between friends!

Reply to
Deck

I learned a long time ago that if you REALLY want a thread to die, the worst thing you can do is tell everyone to chill. :)

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Deck, my shorts are not in a bind, but if you check further down there is another question about oil that has been going on for what seems like FOREVER.. and has gone nowhere and If a newbie comes here and takes the time to read it he's lost half way thru. I know its all in good fun and I can be as funny as the next guy but what about the guy that is car-illiterate and has used a certain product, comes here, and sees somebody(s) say if you use it your engine is gonna die or its not gonna last as long as an engine that uses something else ? Now this poor guy has spent his hard earned money on something that somebody else says is no-good be cause he doesnt like the color of the packageing !! and now he's wondering if his engine IS gonna die or something is gonna happen to it, should he leave it the way it is or go and spend more money to have it changed again ?. All Im saying is fun is fun but unless somebody is going to use Wesson Oil in thier car and wants opinions from others try and think before you type......

I met a guy long ago ( more than I really care to remeber ) That said said " Opinions are like a**holes, everybody's got one some are nice and quiet and some just plain stink".

Tunez.

"Deck" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Tunez

With all due respect Tunez, is somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read threads that don't interest you? If not, why not exercise your free will and simply ignore the thread(s) in questions? If you don't even want to see them, simply highlight any post in the thread and press the "k" key. That "kills" the thread and you'll never be bothered by it again.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

"can't we all just get along?"

Reply to
Deck

[...]

OK Brian not a problem at all I dont need a gun held to my head theres only one person here in this newsgroup that seems to know what hes talking about and I very seldome see him in these meaningless threads. If I wanna know anything Ill ask hyundaitech in a private message. He's the only one here that gives a direct answer and dosent shoot anybody else down with stupid responces..... No Need to reply to this message cause I wont be back to answer it. You guys just keep argueing away

Reply to
Tunez

down with stupid

But Tunez, if you give a direct answer, such as "Synthetic oil is not recommended in the Hyundai manual and is not necessary or economical", you would have a dozen people jumping in and asking for proof! Not everyone wants a yes or no answer, and some even find them insulting.

The ones that get "shot down" are usually asking for it.

Reply to
Bob Adkins