The never-ending 15" rims quest for the Tucson

Owner: Alex
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tucson GL
Dilemma: Trying to go from 16" to 15" wheels for winter set of tires.
Hi folks
I have a dream. A dream where one would be able to go online somewhere,
enter all relevant info pertaining to rim size that one wants (bolt pattern/size, offset, bore size, etc) and a search engine would find all cars with matching rims.
I've got a set of 215/70/R15 winter tires in my garage that are just itching to go on a set of steel rims that I can put on my Tuc. The problem is that no one (not even Hyundai Canada) can give me the right size I need. I called Hyundai Canada to find out the bore size and they didn't even know. Someone at one point had told me 67.1mm but I want to make sure before I continue my search. Someone also told me they had put rims from a 1999 Chevy Venture on their Tuc and it fit, however the Chevy has a 5x115mm size when the Tuc is 5x114.3mm.
If anyone out here has done the conversion, please let us know what vehicles' rims fit.
Thanks
Alex
cheg wrote:

Ummmm, no thanks. I think I'll just get a set of R16 tires. But good luck!
In another newsgroup, you wrote:
"Canadian Tire asked me if I wanted 15 or 16" rims, so I bought one to see if it fits properly...if it's in their system, it shoulf fit, right? If not, I guess I can go after them if my hubs and pegs screw up..."
What didn't work with that rim?
snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

Ghislain wrote:

The bore size was too big (2 3/4" or 69mm) and that's usually the size for most multi fit rims

Is .7mm that big of a difference? I'd just use the chevy ones.
Alex asked about converting to 15" rims from 16" rims and to this say: I would be careful about switching A full tire size on your car as you may have problems with speed sensors and other electronics. I.E. speedometer issues, ABS issues and all wheel drive issues. A Kia/Hyundai tech should be consulted to address any possible problems in these areas in my opinion.
Good Luck! H.R.