The Power Train Goes Down Apparently From Lack of Coolant...

Here is the deal as much as I currently am aware of
A 2003 Elantra with automatic is apparently now dead
A lack of coolant, claims Hyundai, killed the power train, and so the
terrific power train warranty doesn't apply in such a case
The car is out of the extended warranty that we had purchased with it
Suggestions are welcome
The car had been tranferred to my married daughter a coupla years ago

Suggestions for what? You list a few chopped sentences with nothing to relate them, and then ask for suggestions. Ok - here's my suggestion: Don't let your car run out of coolant, because yes, it most certainly will damage the engine, which is the primary component of the powertrain.
And you expected what else?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Thanks, techy, that enlightening info could make a substantive difference.
But now i hear (over an upsetting supper) there is a contract process obstacle
My wife tranferred her vehicle's govt registration to our daughter, tho did not tell Hyundai & also copy them "birth certificate and marriage license"
So, if tranferring car to a son, daughter, parent , then be sure to notify company and include copies of those documents
Apparently non close relatives, friends and others aren't eligible for the power train coverage benefit, by the way
On 2003 models, Hyundai's policy makes it clear that it's allowable to transfer ownership to what they consider immediate family members and still keep the powertrain warranty intact. I've never heard of needing to submit significant evidence.
There's a form that the dealer is required to submit for each powertrain warranty claim (after 5/60). On it, the owner simply attests that they are the original owner or checks the appropriate relationship to the owner on the form.
This entire discussion could be moot, however. Has the dealer determined why the coolant was low?

You have my sympathy. Young women can be very tough on cars. I've seen a couple murdered before their time. -
Bob
when she was teenager she drove a red hyundai 1988 that was a lemon
Wasn't every 1988 Hyundai a lemon?

this '88 was so badddd that it didn't have pick-up. you'd step on the gas pedal and it was sluggishhhhh
couldn't get out of its own way
it was so baddd that the outside door handles were replaced
a lot of damne is over the water-cooolant<i don't know what this means either>
the person that bought it when i traded it to the dealer found my phone number, and called asking how i liked it
i think i said "sorry, no comment"
my other daughter likes her white accent, which is a 2003 too, so it'll be interesting to see what she eventually trades it in for
"this '88 was so badddd that it didn't have pick-up. you'd step on the gas pedal and it was sluggishhhhh
couldn't get out of its own way
it was so baddd that the outside door handles were replaced"
So far, as Edwin says, I think you've described every 1988 Hyundai.
Robert Cohen wrote:

My suggestion is to teach your daughter (and her husband) how to perform basic checks on their cars. Checking fluid levels is very basic and every drive ought to know how to do this and do so regularly. If you don't ... well, you know what happens.
Matt

I do know they had it srerviced w/ln the past 2 or 3 months, because the surveyor of customeer satisfaction had called my home since that's the number in her computer