Thinking of a Hyundai

Page 2 of 2

More precisely I believe the manual implies that the timing belt will be covered by the 100k/10 year warranty (in California) should it break. Whether it can go for 100k is another matter :-)

The original timing belt was changed @ 61K.
Tom Welch in Mesa, AZ

Why a small car, for less fuel consumption? Do you drive much? If you don't fuel mileage is not as great a factor in driving cost.
I wouldn't get that old a small car, unless it was a Toyota or Honda. Small cheaper cars tend to get less maintenance than a mid sized car. If you don't drive much I recommend a slightly larger car, say next size up. Say Camry, Accord. A private sale from a careful driver can be best. Cars that old tend to be dumped into auction and picked up by small independent sates lots.
BTW my legs don't fit the Corolla previous to the current one, which have a telescoping steering wheel. My knees strike the steering wheel. Even with that I would want to go on a long (100+ mile) drive with one. It's a town car.