Thinking of a Hyundai

Why do you want such an old car? Why a small car, for less fuel consumption? Do you drive much? If you don't fuel mileage is not as great a factor in driving cost.

I wouldn't get that old a small car, unless it was a Toyota or Honda. Small cheaper cars tend to get less maintenance than a mid sized car. If you don't drive much I recommend a slightly larger car, say next size up. Say Camry, Accord. A private sale from a careful driver can be best. Cars that old tend to be dumped into auction and picked up by small independent sates lots.

BTW my legs don't fit the Corolla previous to the current one, which have a telescoping steering wheel. My knees strike the steering wheel. Even with that I would want to go on a long (100+ mile) drive with one. It's a town car.

Reply to
Just Facts

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:01Lnl.11051$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com:

Actually, one of the guys I work with gets a real life 41 MPG in his 2002 Corolla. I called BS on him and he showed me an even more detailed log than I make for myself. It's for real. I should add that his commute consists of 36 miles of a 2 lane state highway with a 45-50 MPH speed limit the entire way. He just rolled 200,000 miles around the beginning of the year too. The only thing besides the regular fluid changes he has done is brakes, tires and windshield wipers. Just recently he had to replace his first O2 sensor too. Not too shabby for the

Reply to
Eric G.

That may be possible. I take a stretch like that also and the mileage is great cruising steady at that speed. . I only do about 8 miles of the 24 I travel though, the rest is either faster or slower with some stop & go.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski