This malfunction light just came on today Accent 2001

Hi Group,
This malfunction light just came on today. Car has 22.000 miles on it. i was been on service and they told me that some kind sensor for air flow
dont work and they disconet sensor.They told me that the car will lose more fuel becose that.

You should replace your air flow sensor if their diagnosis is correct. Your car won't run very well with it disconnected and probably won't run properly even when connected.