throttle body messing up - Tiburon

alright so my car revs up sometimes without me pressing the gas. i have to step on the gas hard for the rpms to go back down. i think it could have something to do with the butterfly in the throttle body that its not closing right and it just sucks in air and starts reving up pretty high. is my spring too lose that pulls the throttle cable back?

Reply to
yellotib04

Sounds electrical to me, as in some form of sensor or the ecm.

Reply to
Crabman

More llkely, especially if you have a 1.8 or 2.0 engine, is that the throttle position sensor is malfunctioning. Also check for vacuum leaks at the PCV hose and the intake manifold gasket.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

nah i have a 2.7. i did add some performance parts that could of thrown it off but im pretty sure its just the throttle body sticking sense i was messing with it then it started screwing up. tried addinga throttle response but that didnt work.

"yellotib04" wrote: > 04 tiburon v6

2.7l. alright so my car revs up sometimes > without me pressing the gas. i have to step on the gas hard > for the rpms to go back down. i think it could have something > to do with the butterfly in the throttle body that its not > closing right and it just sucks in air and starts reving up > pretty high. is my spring too lose that pulls the throttle > cable back?
Reply to
yellotib04