Tiburon compressor

I have a good friend who has a Tiburon(sp?) -- not sure of the year-- think it is about 01, has about 100K miles. From what he tells me, it sounds like the compressor is going out. It is noisy, and seems to be
putting more of a drag on the engine. He is about 250 miles from me, so I have not had a chance to see it personally. If it is indeed the compressor, any ideas on what other models of Hyundai use the same compressor, or if any other makes use the same comp. There are several wrecking yards around here that have very reasonable prices, so if I can find one on a car that still has pressure in the system, I would be willing to take a chance with it. My friend of 40 years is recuperating from surgery and has pretty much no money, so if I can fix this problem without spending a lot of money(mine) I would like to do so. Thanks Larry
I don't have time right now to do a part number search, but presuming your friend has a 2001 or older Tiburon, look at 1997-2001 Tiburons and 1996-2000 Elantras. They all used the same basic engine.
Broke open the parts catalog today.
1998-2001 Tiburon uses p/n 97701-27000. The 1997 Tiburon appears to have a different connection for the lines, so that compressor isn't likely to work.
1998-2000 Elantras use the same compressor.