Tiburon Shifter Trim

I was wondering how you take off the trim piece that runs around the shifter (Automatic). The paint is flaking off and I want to repaint it. Its the trim piece that runs from the dash around the shifter then back
to the dash. Thanks.
03 and newer just snap off. 01 and earlier may have a screw or two behind the ashtray.