Timing belt

I'm getting ready to have the timing belt replaced on my 2003 Sonata V6 (2.7). Is there any thing else in there that I should replace at the same
time? thanks

If this is the first change at 60,000, then nothing else has to be done. Some people do get the water pump changed as the additional labor is a few dollars, if any. You may want to ask about it and decide if the added expense is worth it for peace of mind. If the pump goes at 99,999 it is covered under warranty, but it if goes at 100,001, you pay the labor again. At 120,000 you'd definitely want to change the water pump.

When I got my timing belt changed I was quoted $190Cdn to change the water pump at the same time.
More than "a few dollars" I'd say.
Chris
Not sure what your dealer charged you for as far as labor went. The point is that if you are doing the timing belt the LABOR to change the water pump at the same time would be less than the labor to change the water pump at a separate time.
Guncho wrote:

For sure and I agree, but I don't agree that $190 is "a few dollars".
Chris

Did they offer KY for you? A fellow I know in Ontario paid $80 CDN to have the pump done at the same time. Maybe you need a new dealer.

They were cheap on the timing belt. Guess that's how they make it up.
Chris
Had mine (4 cyl) done at 60k, they wanted $279 for the belt/labor. I also had all accesory belts done at the same time.
Then the fun began:
$200 for tuneup new plugs/wires, did it myself. $110 for coolant flush, did it myself. $485 for rotor turning and new pads.
Just my .02
Steve