Timing belt, etc. -- questions/costs -- 2004 Santa Fe

Page 2 of 2

You've not looked then, because plenty of American and European cars have that feature. Usually the smaller cars with smaller low cost engines. Take a look at the list of cars from the Gates link I posted and you'll see plenty of them listed.
You won't find belts on most of the V-6 engines though. Personally, I'd not buy a car with a timing belt, but they do fill a need. American Motors Concorde and Gremlin Audi Chevy Lumina, Monte Carlo in the 1980's Chrysler Ford
Most cars (including Asians) are getting away from belts, but they have existed on many cars over the years. http://www.gates.com/downloads/download_common.cfm?fileB8-1466_web.pdf&folder=brochure