Timing belt mileage

My owner's manual says 60,000 in one place and 90,000 in another. Which is correct? 2008 Elantra.

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

Does one say anything about California? They have different rules there. Or, 60,000 miles is about 96,000 kilometers

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Interval was changed for the 2007 Elantra. I suspect the 90,000 is correct.

I checked the online manual and the only reference I saw to replacing the timing belt was in the maintenance chart, which indicated to inspect at 4 years/60k and replace at 6 years/90k. Not sure what you'll be able to find on the inspection. Typically cannot discern condition of the belt unless the teeth are beginning to come off.

Reply to
hyundaitech