Timing Belt on Diesel Sonata

Most impressed with the NF Sonata Diesel we bought about 2 months ago. Just noticed the Timing Belt replacement period is WAY longer than the petrol 2.4
litre though . Is that because its not a inteference engine??? John

Where are you located? I just bought a 2011 Sonata GLS in Tennessee. No diesels here in the U.S., didn't know you could get a diesel Sonata, is yours the newest 2011 body style? What's the size of the engine? What's the horsepower? My 198 hp I4 has a timing chain.
Wade
Probably one of the last that rolled off the line in 2009/10 and sold in Australia. Its a NF Sonata with a 2 litre Diesel giving 110kw and 305 Nm of torque. I always prefer to buy the last of the series rather than the first, all the bugs are usually resolved by then!. It only has the older 4 speed auto but the torque makes that more than sufficient. Probably one of the engines out of a SUV I,d imagine. Cheers John