timing belt or timing chain?

Page 2 of 2
Thanks for all the responses. All the information has been helpful. I get the opinion that the difference in having a timing belt over a timing chain
is that the belt is less expensive...for the part as well as the installation. Having the belt replaced at 60k miles should be considered routine long term maintenance.

I have an '03 Santa Fe. I must say I love the car and have had no trouble with it. However it just reached 60K miles so I had the timing belt and all other belts replaced by the dealer. With tax it came out to be a little under $500.00.
I have had the same work done on Hondas and for about $400.00 I get the timing belt and a new water pump.
--
Paul