Timing belt removal

2002 accent 1.6 , I?m changing my timing belt and am having trouble getting the crank pully bolt off. Clockwise or counterclockwise to remove? HD
Reply to
HD

It's just like the others. Counterclockwise to remove. If you have a manual trans, you may be able to hold the engine from turning by putting the car in gear. Otherwise, you'll probably need to take the flywheel cover off and use a prybar to keep the engine from turning.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Are you using a normal ratchet? Have you tried using an impact gun? Worked like a charm for me but be careful it's going in the right direction first.

Reply to
Snoopy