Timing belt replacement

When I had the timing belt replaced on my first Hyundai, a 92 Elantra, it took the dealer three times to get it correct. After the first time it didn't run right. When I took it back they tried to sell me an expensive tune-up. I told them I had just recently tuned it up and in either case it was running right before they worked on it. After going around a few times, they agreed to look at it. They found screwed up timing and bent valve stems. When they called me to say it was ready to be picked up the second time, I insisted that the service manage drive it to make sure it was fixed correctly. He called me back in an hour to tell me it would be a few days more, It was screwed again. They finally had to import an tech from another dealer to do the work. Of course I only paid the original bill. Never did find out why it was so difficult. bill

Reply to
BillyGoat

I was reading that you should have the timing belt replaced at 60K miles? That has to cost some bucks if it is true...

Shawn

1998 Elantra
Reply to
shawn