Timing belt replacement cost

About a year ago I posted that I had found a Hyundai dealer that replaced the timing belt on my daughters 2002 Elanta for $230. Many replied that that was a very good deal. I just received an ad from that dealer with the same special good till 10/31. In case anyone lives near and wants to take advantage of the deal, he's in Clarksville Md. Clarksville is about 10 miles south of I-70 on Md. Rt. 32. Between Fredrick and Baltimore. A few other comments,

1) Of course there's an additional charge for "supplies", that is common nowadays. 2) I you have them replace the drive belts also ( I did and you should too) , make sure they charge only the parts cost and not the "flat rate book" cost. Remind them that they have to put a belt back on anyway. 3) $230 is the charge for the four, the six is $150 more - I don't know if that's a great price or not. 4) Call ahead to confirm the cost, you need to make an appointment anyway. 5) here's their web address, its brand new and not complete -
Partner

$380 for the v6 engines is also a good price. I haven't seen the ads, so I don't know which vehicles/engines the prices cover, but it's a good deal regardless.

I'd imagine the Catonsville/Baltimore location would run the same specials.

Reply to
hyundaitech