Tire noise question?

I have a 2007 Santa Fe LTD with the original tires and 37K on the odometer. The other day I rotated the wheels/tires based on the pattern in the manual (front criss-crossed to the rear, rears to the
front straight up). I torqued all the lug nuts and set the cold pressure to the spec of 31 PSI.
However, now when I drive I get a noise from the front that seems to become more pronounced as the speed increases.
To me it sounds like what we used to call tire or road noise. Its sort of an undulating/pulsing noise that syncs with the rotation of the tires.
Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas as to what causes it but more importantly, how to eliminate it would be greatly appreciated.
There was no noticable noise prior to the rotation.
Thanks
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:43:06 -0400, bobmct wrote:

Probably should also be balanced.
Its hard to tell without seeing pics of the tire. When was the last time you rotated your tires?
--
Airport Shuttle
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

Is this the first rotation or a long time between swaps? Rear tires on FWD vehicles then to cup and get noisy. I'm not very good about rotating tires and have had that happen on a few cars. The rear tires can last probably 100,000 miles, but the noise gets to me by 70,000. Cure is easy. Toss them and buy new ones.

This is the most common cause. Take your hand and feel the tread of the tires. Do the front tires have flat spots on them? If so, that's probably the cause of the noise.