Tire pressure alarm

Newer cars have a TPMS and warn you when the pressure gets low. Now that cold weather is here,check to see that your tire is at least the recommended pressure. I forgot about it and this morning it was 7 degrees. One tire was 1 pound under and set off the warning. It would not reset after driving as it had to come up even more than driving did.

Not a major deal as I knew the pressure was adequate, but it annoys me to have that yellow light on when driving. I understand this is a common happening for the first really cold snap.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Same here. I was out there yesterday morning in about 10 degrees filling my wife's tire on her 2014 Accent. The tire warning seems more sensitive on my 2014 Elantra, I had to do it a few times over the year I've had the car.....but yesterday it was fine...go figure. I don't know the specifics, but they seem to alert when the tires are still pretty safely filled with air. The first time mine went off, I panicked because I was thinking I might have a flat or a tire going down fast...and of course it was fine.

Reply to
jtees4

...and of course this morning, it was my car. I knew it couldn't last ;-)

Reply to
jtees4