Tires for 06 Sonata LX

with the 17 inch solid rubber ones. 225R50 is what's on it. what softer tires can I use.?? 225 60R17 or 235 70R17 or wahtever. these hard tires are driving my wife
nuts!!i

Do you have Michelin? They show P215/55R17 as an option on their web page. Perhaps you'd like a different brand or model tire better even if the same size?
Yes Michelins...I don't necessarily want them...I usually got about 70000 miles on 235 70R16s on my Mercs but these on Sonata don't look like they're gonna make it to 30000

Disappointing isn't it? Mine have just cleared 30K, but I doubt that they will make it to 35K before being useless in wet weather (not that we've had that particular problem in about a month!)
What really ticks me off is that I have large BF Goodrich AT tires on my truck that have seen fairly rough service make it over 60K miles. Currently on my second set of tires with 90K miles on the ODO. Not to mention that the great big BFG's are less expensive than the replacement Michelin's for the Sonata!
KW

I have Michelin pilots (17") on my 06 Sonata LX. They look great with 46,000 miles on them. What tire pressure are you running? Improper inflation will certainly make a tire run noisily as well. FWIW I rotate them every 10k and runn 34 psi.

I've got 31000 on my 06 LX and they could easily go 60,000 but these are about the worse tires I have ever had. The snow and wet traction is terrible. I went through one winter with these and I'm going to replace them this fall long before the tread is down. Michelins have a tendency to harden with age and mileage and are overpriced. You may want to check out Tire Rack for recommendations as to alternates.

Marc, I like Toyo myself....of course the Pilots came on the car. I'm no big fan of Michelins, just noting the wear while wondering about OP's tire noise..........worst tires, easy - Goodyear Eagle LS

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking at the Yokahama Avid's. The reviews seem to be pretty good on these. I've got Bridgestone G009's on another car and these have been great but not available for the LX.
after perusing tires, I find 215/65R17's used on Honda Pilots and Yokahama makes this size and have 5 star rating fy consumers who bought them...this should increase the heighth of the sidewall to give some more softness to the ride??

Most tires that give very good performance on dry pavement are crappy on snow and wet. I had no problems this first winter, I'll take a look at them before starting the next. The best winter tires though, suck on the hiway or cornering on the back roads.

Try giving this site a look at. Might be of some value http://www.tirerack.com /
Deck - I see what the problem is right off. Most tires use air on the inside rather than solid rubber. Go back to the dealer and ask for some with air. Not even going to get into the nitrogen issue.