Tires for Elantra

My Elantra seems to be going through tires faster than any car I have had before. Can someone out there recommend a tire that will last a while but still give a safe smooth ride?
I would appreciate any suggestions. -- Paul
Note: HTML turned off. Please also note that many newsreaders do not display HTML properly.
--
Paul <><>

We had Sumitoms on our previous car. Same size as the Elantra.
My inexpert opinion about tires of which I've bought many over 40 years.
They all wear, especially if the car is not aligned.
I am not sure that Michelin and other top brands are all that much better than Douglas /Cornell (Walmart /Pep Boys).
Walmart doesn't do alignments, but they are usually convenient to wherever you need tire service.
So, I buy their nine dollar extra thing per tire.
Tire places sometimes do second rate work, and I'm not sure Walmart is any worse than the rest of 'em.
I bet your seemingly over-tire-consuming Elantra is not aligned or perhaps the tires are over/under inflated, or perhaps unbalanced.
I have an 03 Accent. The Kumho tires from the factory lasted for 40 thousand miles. There was still some tread left on the Kumhos however I decided to put some new tires on my Accent. I had a set of Michelins installed. The result is way better handling even on wet roads. I also am getting better gas mileage. I don't have an Elantra however, I now have a much better Accent... Good luck .... Dan in Oregon

while but still give a safe smooth ride?
How many miles are you seeing before they need replacing? Are these the Michelen tires that came with the car when new? Are you having them rotated regularly and are they wearing evenly as a result?